2021 Cyber Attacks And Its Impact On Individuals And Corporations
2021 Cyber Attacks, The beginning of a new age.
The Age of Data has begun. From cookies to our social media profiles, everything we do online and even offline leaves traces in data. So, how much data is there?
By 2025, the globe will have 200 zettabytes of data stored, according to Cybersecurity Ventures. To put 200 zettabytes into perspective, one zettabyte is equivalent to a thousand to the power of seven bytes. In layman’s terms, one zettabyte is equivalent to one billion terabytes or one trillion gigabytes. Data generation will undoubtedly accelerate in the coming years. Therefore you may wonder if the data we store is secure from unwanted access. Let’s go on in this article by looking at the statistics on cyber attacks to clear up your doubt.
Major 2021 Cyber Attacks
- On Sunday, 28 March 2021, Australia’s news station Channel Nine was shaken by cyber assaults. The attacks interrupted the airing of Channel Nine programming.
- CNA Financial, one of the largest cyber insurance businesses in the United States, was hit by a ransomware assault in March 2021, disrupting customer and staff services for three days as CNA was forced to shut down to prevent further intrusion. Following the March 2021 Cyber Attacks, CNA Financial paid a ransom of $40 million.
- LinkedIn had a huge data leakage of about 500 million active members in April 2021. An email address, phone numbers, name, gender, other social media profiles, and the entire resume were among the sensitive material. The group of hackers put all of these datasets about people and companies up for auction on their popular website for a four-figure payment.
- National Basketball Association (NBA) was the subject of a ransomware assault in mid-April of this year. Babuk, a hacking organization, claimed to have stolen 500 GB of sensitive Houston Rockets information. If their requests are not satisfied, Babuk threatens, these private records, including financial information and contracts, will be made public.
- McDonald’s, the fast-food restaurant giant, has reported a data violation in which hackers supposedly took data from U.S., Korea, and Taiwan technological systems.
The occurrences described above indicate that our personal information is not completely secure online.
Impact of Cyber Attack on Individuals and Businesses
- Increased Cost
Companies that wish to defend themselves from internet thefts must take their wallets to accomplish this. A CISSO Certification holder can be hired to manage and consult businesses on information security. A Certified SOC Analyst may also be employed to constantly monitor and discover possible risks, evaluate alarms, and escalate them as needed. Furthermore, firms may be required to engage a lawyer and other specialists to comply with cybersecurity requirements.
- Loss of Brand Value
Although it is hard to truly measure, firms who are victims of major cyberattacks may have their brand identity negatively impacted. To prevent hackers from abusing our brand image, one must think like a hacker. CEH Online training will assist victims of cyberattacks in thinking like hackers to defend their brand value.
- Disruptions in Daily Business Operations
Companies frequently incur indirect costs from cyberattacks, such as the risk of a large stoppage in operations, which can result in lost income, in addition to direct financial damages. Linux continues to make significant inroads into mainstream IT infrastructures, demonstrating that it is a cost-effective and practical option for daily business activities. A person with a CompTIA linux+ certification online can be employed because they have the abilities required to install and support the Linux Operating System, such as user administration, file permissions, program settings, and the fundamental management of Linux systems.
How To Minimize Cyber Attacks?
- Penetration testing may be used to check for potential areas of theft. A penetration test, also known as Pen Test, simulates a cyber assault on your computer system to look for exploitable flaws. CPENT Course’s designation will assist you while performing the pen test.
- Having the most up-to-date security software will help protect you against viruses, malware, and other online risks.
- Hackers can easily connect to public Wi-Fi to monitor all your movements, including passwords and account information that you input when logged in. Simply do not use public Wi-Fi to keep your information protected.
- In addition to emails, cybercriminals can compromise personal information through tweets, postings, and online advertising. If anything appears questionable, simply delete it rather than opening it.
This shows how cyberattacks are going to make a huge impact overall. But, fortunately, there is a way to remain protected as many individuals are taking up cybersecurity courses. Businesses around the world are hiring experts to keep themselves away from all these cyber mishaps.