How To Prepare For Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Exam?
The demand for CCNA certified experts is rising significantly around the corner. It is considered to be one of the most sought-after courses by experts in the IT industry. This certification is provided by Cisco for the networking experts at the associate level once you crack the CCNA exam.
This certification plays a big role in enhancing career opportunities for an IT professional. It helps them avail better skills, knowledge, job opportunities, and even pay. Not only this, but if you are certified in the respective domain, you are capable enough to operate, configure, and troubleshoot various components that include routers and switches of a networking system.
So, this article is all about how to crack the CCNA exam. If you can do that, then you have everything running in your favor.
What Are the Objectives of the CCNA Exam?
Before getting started with the steps to prepare for the CCNA certification exam, let’s first understand what segments it covers are:
- The fundamentals of the network include TCP/IP protocols, firewalls, and many other network topologies
- Various switching concepts used in the networking include verifying, configuring, and troubleshooting VLANs, EtherChannel, and STP protocols.
- It also includes routing concepts that include table types of routing, exterior and interior routing protocols, static and dynamic routing, and more.
- You also get to study the verification and configuration of MLPPP, PPP, and WAN interfaces with the use of local authentication.
- The module of infrastructure services covers concepts like DNS lookup operation in detail, DHCP configuration and verification, NAT and NTP operation in client-server mode, and more.
- The infrastructure security module covers more about common access layer threats, port security, troubleshooting of basic device configuration, and hardening verification.
- Lastly, this certification also includes infrastructure management that helps you understand device monitoring protocols and how to boost device performance.
So, these are the aspects covered under the CCNA certification exam that you need to prepare for. Now let’s understand the fee structure to apply for the same.
Fees of CCNA Exam
The fees of the CCNA exam one needs to pay to sit for the exam is quite expensive so, you must prepare well and apply for the same. It has been that most of the Cisco exams are priced around 300USD. The only CCNA routing and switching cost 325 USD and many other exams like ICND1 and ICND2 is priced at 165 USD each.
Details About CCNA Certification Exam
When it comes to the CCNA exam, it helps in understanding how strong is the fundamentals of the professional applying for the same. The exam question levels keep on getting better with the advancements of new technologies. But, there is a basic procedure that is followed when it comes to conducting the exam fairly. Take a look below:
- The CCNA exam certification exam is more of an objective type where you are going to answer multiple-choice questions.
- You might also get questions of different forms that include Simlet, Testlet, drag, and drop, and more.
- The number of questions varies from 60 to 70 in the real exam.
- 90 minutes is the time restriction within which you need to answer the respective questions.
- You can answer the CCNA exams in English and Japanese language.
Best Ways To Prepare For CCNA Exams
If you are thinking about how you can prepare well to succeed in your CCNA Exams, then take a look at the below-mentioned strategies:
- At first, you can clear your basic idea of the networking models. If you are a novice, then you can consider opting for a two-exam pattern, or else going for one exam can also prove to be sufficient.
- Secondly, you must study precisely every single module. Our CCNA training program will help you. Just gaining knowledge is not going to help, you must test yourself with real-time experiences as well.
- You can practice CLI by purchasing the respective equipment or taking them in rent. This can help you get a stronghold of the commands to be followed to configure as per the business needs.
- Another important aspect that you need to focus on is subletting. You need to practice the same until you have your concepts completely clear.
- Lastly, you need to practice the same from the Cisco Learning Network as you can have all your doubts clear in a matter of a few minutes.
These steps can help you get well prepared for the CCNA exams and eventually enhance the chances of cracking the same without any hassle.
Tips To Crack CCNA in the 1st Attempt
Following the above-mentioned strategy can certainly boost your chances but, if you would go a distance, then certainly there is a chance of cracking the exams in the first attempt itself. Take a look at how:
- Regularly practice questions from the previous year’s exam sheets. It assists you in understanding the pattern.
- Practicing regularly is the way to go to succeed in any field. So, make sure you give your 100 percent.
- Check out summaries and glossaries in the study materials available as it helps you remember the topics without any hassle.
- Apply for mock tests as well to get an idea about the situation you might face in the real exam.
- Keep revising the important topics so that your fundamentals remain strong while applying for the exams.
Hopefully, you are clear on how you can prepare for the CCNA exams. Above all, you must prepare well for the examination. You need to keep things simple and ensure that the concepts are clear in every which way. This allows you to enhance your chances of getting the certification done without any hassle.