World's #1 Online Bootcamp
Application Security Engineer Course Highlights
- Understanding Application Security, Threats, and Attacks
- Security Requirements Gathering
- Secure Application Design and Architecture
- Secure Coding Practices for Input Validation
- Secure Coding Practices for Authentication and Authorization
- Secure Coding Practices for Cryptography
- Secure Coding Practices for Session Management
- Secure Coding Practices for Error Handling
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST & DAST)
- Secure Deployment and Maintenance
The Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE JAVA) training and certification program provide a comprehensive application security approach that encompasses security activities involved in all the phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
For most organizations, software and applications determine their success. However, expedition, duplication, and penny-pinching often take center stage with security consideration taking a backseat or is not present at all. An insecure or vulnerable application places these businesses at risk.
Addressing security in each phase of the SDLC is the most effective way to create highly secure applications. Robust security-focused design principles followed by rigorous security-focused coding, testing, and deployment practices will lead to applications that can stand up to attacks. This will result in lower ownership costs for both, the end-user and the application vendor.
Unlike other application security training, CASE goes beyond just the guidelines on secure coding practices and includes secure requirement gathering, robust application design, and handling security issues in the post-development phases of application development. This makes CASE one of the most comprehensive certifications on the market today. It is desired by software application engineers, analysts, testers globally, and respected by hiring authorities.
Below mentioned are the exam details for Application Security Engineer Course.
- Number of Questions: 50
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Test Duration: 2 Hours
- Passing Score: 70%
- Availability: EC-Council Exam Portal
CASE allows application developers and testers to demonstrate their mastery of the knowledge and skills required to handle common application security vulnerabilities.
Successful completion of the certification training empowers you with across the board understanding of:
- To ensure that application security is no longer an afterthought but a foremost one.
- To lay the foundation required by all application developers and development organizations, to produce secure applications with greater stability and fewer security risks to the consumer, therefore, making security a foremost thought.
- To ensure that the organizations mitigate the risk of losing millions due to security compromises that may arise with every step of the application development process.
- To help individuals develop the habit of giving importance to security sacrosanct of their job role in the SDLC, therefore opening security as the main domain for testers, developers, network administrators,s, etc.
- Performing manual and automated code review of application
- Conducting application security testing for web applications to assess the vulnerabilities
- Driving development of a holistic application security program
- Rating the severity of defects and publishing comprehensive reports detailing associated risks and mitigations
- Working in teams to improve security posture
- Application security scanning technologies such as AppScan, Fortify, WebInspect, static application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), single sign-on, and encryption
- Following secure coding standards that are based on industry-accepted best practices such as OWASP Guide, or CERT Secure Coding to address common coding vulnerabilities.
- Creating a software source code review process that is a part of the development cycles (SDLC, Agile, CI/CD)
What Will You Learn
According to the 2017 State of Software Security Report, nearly 90% of Java applications contain one or more vulnerable component/s, making them ideal breach points for hostile attackers.
Although Java has come a long way from its development in 1995, cybercrime has also spread, reaching epidemic levels, increasing the need for secure Java developers, regardless of whether they’re creating a new program or upgrading revising an old one.
The training program encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): planning, creating, testing, and deploying an application.
Read What People Say About Us
Very well designed courses. A must for all employees or anyone who uses internet to educate more in cybersecuirty field, and I got training is really useful as well as needed. Trainer took efforts to understand each concepts clearly and also helped to answer all questions. I found trainer is knowledgeable. It was best learning experience
Securium is a company that allows you to be productive and creative within your working hours. Here you can feel your work attach great value and you can learn more everyday. People are kind and HR are also supportive.This is a great place to grow your career, with the opportunity to make lots of connections that will serve you well. It's filled with very smart and humble people that know what they're doing and will push you to do and be more
Chabok A. Muhammed
Securium Solutions Pvt. Company is among the Best in class training center which i had many courses and specially CCISO, All the courses was excellent explained and delivered, The course material and core structure was amazing also turnaround of the assessment of my submission was very quick.
I gone through CEH training via Securium and training is really useful as well as needed. Trainer took efforts to understand each concepts clearly and also helped to answer all questions. I found trainer is knowledgeable. It was best learning experience
If you have queries related to our Application Security Engineer course, then below mentioned are a few of the FAQs that can make it easy for you to get a proper understanding of the same: