Certified Ethical Hacker: Salary, Roles & Responsibilities
Are you thinking of having a career in the domain of cybersecurity? You have certainly landed on the right page. We are here to help you know about Certified Ethical Hacker's Salary, Roles, and Responsibilities.
As the demand for cybersecurity experts is getting higher with every passing day, it is important that you pursue CEH certification from Securium Solutions and enhance the chances of better opportunities. If you think about what comes along with the package of Certified Ethical Hacker, then you have certainly landed on the right page.
We are here to discuss every aspect related to Certified Ethical Hacker Salary, Roles, and Responsibilities so that you can be clear before taking your first step towards it. Let’s get started.
Who is a Certified Ethical Hacker?
Certified Ethical Hacker is a professional IT security expert known for taking complete care of the business systems and networks. They are constantly working on the strategies that can help them remain ahead of the cybercriminals and hackers and protect their business IT security without much of a problem. As the cases of cybersecurity have gotten up by 600% since 2020, the demand for CEH specialists has got up as well.
So, the demand for CEH v11 certification is huge, and you need to have additional skills to get the best of opportunities. The market needs Certified Ethical hackers, but if you have a company in mind, then you must be the best in the field to enhance your chances of getting selected. You must start your preparation early and always have something extra to offer to get the best opportunity.
The best part about having a career in cybersecurity is that you can work in any industry. Every single business sector today needs the assistance of a certified ethical hacker. So, you just add skills and experience to your resume to not only boost your profile but your package as well.
We are here to help you understand the responsibilities that might come your way after completing the course of CEH and also what the requirements are to get the same completed. Let’s move on.
Certified Ethical Hacker Responsibilities:
If you want to know how to be a certified ethical hacker? then first you need to be clear about the responsibilities that might come your way after you have completed the course of CEH. This can help you prepare your certification accordingly and be a pro in the domain. Take a look at the below-mentioned pointers:
‣ The first thing you need to do is to check the systems that are in place and assess how secure they are.
‣ You must research the organization’s network structure, the system to be installed, and what can be the best sites to be penetrated.
‣ You can also be asked to conduct different penetration tests to check with the system security.
‣ You are going to be asked to acknowledge and keep a proper track record of all the security breaches and flaws.
‣ You also need to identify the zone that needs the assistance of high-level security.
‣ You must constantly check and rate the performance of your security network and then plan the next steps ahead.
‣ You must also be responsible for creating suggestions that need to be implemented in the form of security updates.
‣ One of the most important responsibilities you might have as a CEH is compiling all the reports of penetration tests for the clients.
‣ You are going to be responsible for conducting penetration tests as and when the new security attributes have been configured.
‣ You must keep on recommending substitute upgrades in the domain of security.
So, these are the job responsibilities that might come your way while you kick start your career in the domain of CEH. You must be ready with all these responsibilities beforehand so that the chances of your selection get higher, and this can also help you avail better work opportunities. Now, let’s move on to the section where one can check the requirements of how to be a Certified Ethical Hacker.
Job Requirements for Certified Ethical Hacker
If you want to know how to be a certified ethical hacker? and how to get selected for your dream company, it is important that you first crack your interview. There are several requirements of the company, and you must fulfill them to boost the chances of your selection.
Below mentioned are the requirements often demanded by businesses around the world when they are looking for a professional Certified Ethical Hacker. Take a look:
‣ CEH Certification.
‣ Bachelor’s degree in information technology or Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
‣ Experience in the field of a certified ethical hacker.
‣ Proper knowledge and understanding in the domain of security software and networking systems.
‣ Extensive understanding of session hijacking, parameter manipulation, and even cross-site scripting.
‣ Detailed known-how of firewalls, routers, and also server systems.
Above mentioned skills are a must-have for all, but it’s the below-mentioned skills that can actually make a difference in terms of getting selected or not. Check it out:
‣ Excellent skills in troubleshooting.
‣ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
‣ Having the expertise to identify big-picture network or system flaws.
So, these are the must-have attributes when you visit your dream company after completing your certification. Only these aspects can help you get to work in your dream company and pave the way for you to have an excellent career ahead. Now let’s check out how much you might be able to earn while choosing CEH as your career.
Certified Ethical Hacker's Salary
We all know how challenging it can be for one to deal with the post of Certified Ethical Hacker. This is why they are always paid well and, most importantly, in every single industry. To be precise:
‣ $71,331 is the average annual salary of a certified ethical hacker.
‣ The salary ranges from $24,760 to $111,502.
‣ It gets better with experience and expertise.
‣ There are bonuses and incentives as well.
So, this shows how you can grow in the respective field of service. But, it is important to tick all the boxes as specified in the requirement section.
Certified Ethical Hackers Roles
You can pursue the course if you would like to have a career being:
‣ Threat and vulnerability manager
‣ Security consultant
‣ Information security specialist.
‣ Cyber security consultant
Hopefully, now you have gotten a clear idea about Certified Ethical Hacker's Salary, Roles and Responsibilities, and what lies ahead in your professional life. To get started, you just need to apply to the course available at Securium Solutions. It can help you get skilled as specified above and enhance the chances of you cracking your exams in the first attempt.
Watch CEH v11 Training Videos Playlist